Iranian Student Association at UC San Diego is organizing the first Iranian Music Forum in the Fall of 2016, to make a performance opportunity for young musicians who are looking for a stage to share their music with others. Interested people can participate in this performance by submitting their complete information and a short sample recording of their music (check the requirement section) to email@example.com before August 1st in order to be considered as a participant. Submitted works will be reviewed by the music committee (Kourosh Taghavi, Anahita Abbasi, Josh Charney and Niloufar Shiri) and the best “Eight” works will be selected for the live performance at UC San Diego. (The Concert will be recorded professionally).
- Anyone between the ages of 18 to 40 can submit her or his work.
- Submitted work must be related to Iranian Culture.
- Pieces must be at least 3 minutes long (but not longer that 8 minutes).
- Performances can be in a form of Solo, Duo, or Trio.
- One performer can perform in two different pieces (one solo and one Duo or Trio).
- The Email must provide the following and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Personal Information: Full First and Last Name, Birth Year only, Current Address, Email Address, Phone Number
2) Piece Details: Name of the piece, Name of the Composer, Name of the Poet (if applicant), Instrumentation
3) A link to your recording of the work you wish to perform on the day of the Concert (It can be a YouTube or Sound Cloud link, and it doesn’t need to be the entire work, but not less than 50% of it)
4) Brief description of your musical background/performance experience and relation to your work to Iranian Culture
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com for any questions or concerns